Essential Oils For Travel
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure Essential Oils can help save you space in your bags and enhance your health and peace of mind. We do quite a bit of travelling here at Veriditas, and we have put together a list of our all-time favorite travel companion oils that we just can’t leave home without!
- Gumdropps is so versatile! It can be used as a mouthwash, toothpaste, breath freshener, and sore throat soother. One bottle of Gumdropps and a toothbrush and you are all set for all of your oral hygiene needs. So easy, organic, and compact!
- Peppermint has so many possible uses I won’t even be able to list them all here, but some of our favorites are as follows:
- As a nausea and dizziness soother. I suffer from occasional motion sickness and inhaling peppermint is an immense help.
- Peppermint is great at helping to open sinus passages in the event you have a bit of road warrior congestion.
- Peppermint aids in physical and mental alertness when inhaled.
- To keep cool in high temperatures put 1-2 drops on the back of your neck.
- **Peppermint can be irritating to some skin types when applied neat. Test a small area first or dilute 1-2 drops in 10 drops of Lavender.
- Lemon in your water in the morning is a delicious game changer. It aids in normal digestion and jump starts your metabolism. It promotes lymphatic drainage, making it an excellent detoxifier. Use just 1-2 drops in a glass of water each morning. When inhaled, Lemon is mentally stimulating as well for those times you need a little pick me up during long days of travel. Peppermint + Lemon = Dream Team Brain Fog Lifter! (That’s why they are both key ingredients in our Mental Clarity formula).
- Immunity Boost is your best defense against all those airport and airplane germs. A couple of drops on your hands acts as a super powerful hand sanitizer. Inhale deeply to nourish your immune system. Careful not to touch your eyes after use!
- Lavender is the closest thing to an all-purpose Essential Oil as you can get. Around here we say “When in doubt, use lavender”. Lavender is well known for its soothing and calming effects. It is the perfect go-to first aid oil for burns, cuts, bug bites, stings, sunburns, blemishes, stress, and the list goes on. In a pinch we have even used it as deodorant! It promotes deep, restful sleep for those nights when it is a challenge to be away from your own bed.