- ground coffee beans (Use organic if you can - coffee is one of the crops that is heavily sprayed with pesticides - not something you want to rub all over your skin!)
- organic brown sugar (Make sure it's not too coarse!)
- organic carrier oil (Use an oil like grapeseed or almond. I've noticed that coconut oil is commonly used in scrubs, but it does solidify at cooler temperatures, so it's not great for the texture we're going for here.)
- Cardamom essential oil from Veriditas Botanicals
- Vanilla Perfume from Veriditas Botanicals
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 part ground coffee beans and 2 parts brown sugar.
- Add in 3 parts of your organic carrier oil of choice. Add the carrier oil gradually, stirring as you go, until you reach the consistency you want for your scrub. You may not use as much as 3 parts.
- When your scrub is completely mixed, add your Vanilla Perfume and Cardamom essential oil. I suggest using 3ml (60-75 drops) of Vanilla Perfume and 20 drops of Cardamom essential oil for 16 ounces of scrub. Stir well, until the essential oil is thoroughly incorporated into the mixture, then stir a little more. (It always takes longer than we think for the essential oil to mix in completely.)
- Pour your mixture into your clean, airtight jar(s), and enjoy (or give to someone else to enjoy)!
If you are sensitive to caffeine, use decaf coffee grounds and/or use with caution. If you experience any adverse effects from the coffee, discontinue use.