DIY Moisturizing Shower Gel with Organic Essential Oils
If you're looking for easy, affordable ways to replace your toxic, chemical-laden household products, you're in the right place. Today we're sharing a recipe for a moisturizing shower soap that will leave your skin all kinds of happy. Even your kids are going to love this one, so you're going to want to make enough for the family!
- organic liquid castile soap
- organic Aloe Vera juice (we use Lily of the Desert brand)
- Cocoa in Jojoba from Veriditas
- foaming soap dispenser
- Fill 1/3 of your foaming soap bottle with Aloe Vera juice. The Aloe in this recipe is perfect for delivering extra moisture and nutrients to the skin.
- Add your essential oils of choice to the bottle. You'll want to use 10-12 drops of essential oil per ounce, so if your bottle holds 12 ounces, a 5ml bottle (around 125 drops of essential oil) will be the perfect amount of oil for this recipe. You may find that you're satisfied with the strength of the scent with far less essential oil. If that's the case, feel free to use as little as you need to achieve the scent profile you like. We're using 1 of our 5ml bottles of Cocoa Perfume (Cocoa in Perfume) for this recipe.
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with your liquid castile soap.
- Screw on soap bottle's lid and gently shake your bottle to thoroughly mix all of the ingredients.
- Use in the shower with a bath sponge or on its own.