Roses are some of the most skin-nourishing botanicals on the planet. A true essential oil of Rose, like our Rose Otto, improves circulation, firms and evens skin tone, breaks down scar tissue and damaged tissue, encourages new cell growth, and even minimizes pores, lines, and wrinkles! Our Rose Hip Seed Oil is equally as incredible, boasting properties that make it effective for anti-aging formulas, and for repairing and moisturizing the skin. We use it in our Rose Regenerative Facial Oil, which is a great anti-aging blend that can be used on the face daily. Even the Hydrosol of Rose Otto is a valuable addition to any skin care routine. It balances the pH of the skin, and is also moisturizing and anti-aging. Here is a glimpse into my skin care routine.
- CLEANSING - I use the oil cleansing method to cleanse my skin. It's an effective way to remove makeup and nourish the skin without using harsh soaps or detergents on my sensitive face. One of my favorite things to do is to infuse my oil of choice (try olive, coconut, grapeseed, avocado, or sweet almond oil) with rose petals for 4 weeks. After 4 weeks, strain the rose petals out through cheesecloth and store your infused oil in an airtight jar. You'll be left with this lovely, delicate cleansing oil that feels so luxurious on the skin, yet is so much more economical and sustainable than a chemical-laden, preservative-enhanced cleanser. It is gentle and doesn't strip your skin of its protective layer.
- EXFOLIATING - I use dried rose petals to exfoliate. It's such a gentle, yet effective method for exfoliating and you won't believe how wonderful it feels to rub rose powder over your face and decolletage! I buy my dried rose petals in bulk, then use a coffee grinder to grind them into a fine powder. Store in an airtight glass spice jar or a clean cosmetic jar and use 1-2 times per week.
- TONING - To tone, I spray 3-4 sprays of Rose Hydrosol on my face, neck, and decolletage. This Hydrosol is great for adding moisture and preventing wrinkles.
- NOURISHING - Use the Rose Regenerative Facial Oil after toning to stimulate cellular renewal, minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and pores, increase collagen production, reduce inflammation, and promote healing. Use 2-6 drops over the face, neck, and decolletage and wait 2 minutes for it to fully absorb.
- MOISTURIZING - I use Rose Hip Seed Oil to moisturize my skin. It's a perfect nourishing, healing moisturizer that leaves my skin feeling so soft and supple, without being at all greasy. Use 2-4 drops to moisturize. You can also add a drop of Rose Otto for additional anti-aging benefits.
- REJUVENATING - Infuse your favorite raw, organic honey with rose petals to make a beautiful, nourishing face mask that will leave your skin looking better than ever. Use it once a week for 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
How do you use essential oils in your own skin care routine? Have you tried any of our Rose products yet?