To make your own foaming hand soap, you're going to need a foam soap dispenser. I used this one, which also comes in an amber glass version! Perfect for us essential oil lovers.
Some of the benefits of making your own liquid hand soap:
- It doesn't contain triclosan, a dangerous ingredient linked to a wide variety of health issues.
- It doesn't contain chemicals or preservatives, as even some of the most "natural" options do.
- It doesn't contain artificial fragrances or synthetic ingredients.
- It smells amazing and you can customize the scent to your taste.
- You control what goes in it and, therefore, know exactly what you're putting on your body and using in your home.
- It's super affordable.
- It's environmentally sustainable.
- It only takes a minute to make.
- Everyone will think you're a rock star health warrior for making your own household products.
To make your soap:
- Fill your dispenser halfway with liquid castile soap.
- Add 25 drops of Lavender essential oil. Lavender is anti-bacterial and is perfectly suited to sanitizing products like hand soap.
- Fill the remaining half of the dispenser with water.
- Screw the topper onto your dispenser and shake gently to mix the ingredients well.
That's it! It's so easy. Make up a batch with your free label today! You can also experiment with other essential oil combinations. Let us know which ones you like in the comments below.