Veriditas By Pranarom

DIY Dryer Sheets with Essential Oils

We all love yummy smelling laundry. When I first decided to switch out all of my toxic, chemical-laden household products for non-toxic options, laundry products that smelled great, left my clothes soft, and were chemical-free were pretty scarce. Maybe you've discovered the same thing. Well, look no further, Wellness Warrior! Today, I'm sharing my recipe for DIY Dryer Sheets that will leave your loads of laundry soft and fresh without any chemicals. I'm even giving you a free printable label so you can make your own pretty jar of them today.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9GRDYRjVrJiMm42YXVSQk5vOVk/view?usp=sharing

This recipe is really so simple. All you are going to need is:
  • an air-tight jar tall enough to fit washcloths in (I found mine at TJ Maxx)
  • clean washcloths (I buy mine in a multi-pack at Target for $3 - they come in a variety of colors)
  • white vinegar
  • organic essential oil (I'm using Veriditas' Lavender essential oil)
To your jar, add 1 cup of white vinegar and 25 drops of essential oil. I used Lavender this time, but you can also experiment with oils like Lemon, Sweet Orange, or any number of combinations of other essential oils. Fold each of your washcloths in half, then roll them into a skinny tube and add them vertically to your jar. I can fit 9-10 in my jar at a time. When it's time to toss your laundry in the dryer, add one of the washcloths. The vinegar acts as a natural fabric softener and the essential oil will lightly scent your laundry. For a stronger scent, wait until your load is almost finished drying and then add a washcloth. Enjoy your new dryer sheets! 




4 comments:

  1. Do the wash cloths mold at any point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine haven't. My jar fits about 9 washcloths and I go through the jar of them every 2-3 weeks.

      Much love,
      Erin | blogging for Veriditas

      Delete
  2. Can the sheets be used more than once prior to re soaking? Or do you re saturate them after every load?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll need to resoak them after each use. My jar of 9 wash cloths lasts me 2-3 weeks, after which I re-prep the jar with the fresh cloths.

      Much love,
      Erin | blogging for Veriditas

      Delete