Veriditas By Pranarom

Carrot Cake Smoothie with Ginger Essential Oil

We're on a Ginger kick over here. Can you tell? There's just something about this fresh, spicy essential oil! It tastes just like freshly grated ginger with a bit of a zing that almost has a carbonated quality to it. A couple years ago, I created a recipe for a Carrot Cake Smoothie made with fresh ginger that I love, but I've taken to using Ginger essential oil when the root is scarce at our local Farmer's Market. I must say, the result is spectacular! So much so, I'm sharing the recipe with you. Ready?


To make your own Carrot Cake Smoothies (2 servings), you will need:
- 6 large carrots, peeled
- 2 bananas
- 1 orange
- the inside of 1 vanilla bean
- a bit of ground cinnamon (you could also add a bit of ground clove or freshly grated nutmeg)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 16 ounces of liquid (water, almond milk, coconut milk, or a mix of any of these will work great)
- 1-2 drops of Ginger essential oil from Veriditas Botanicals
- 1 drop of Sweet Orange essential oil from Veriditas Botanicals



Making a smoothie is pretty simple... just blend everything up in your blender. I have a Blendtec, so that's what I use, but you can just use whatever blender you have. Here's a tip, though: use frozen bananas so your smoothie will be cold and ready to serve after blending. I prefer using frozen ingredients over using ice because then the ice doesn't melt and dilute my drink - not that it ever takes me long to finish it anyway. Enjoy your smoothie!

Are you on Instagram? Follow us there and leave a comment so we can say 'hi' to you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment